- what information we collect and why we collect it;
- how we use or are obligated to use that information;
- under what circumstances we disclose the information shared; and
- the choices we offer, including how to access and use information.
- Collection of information
- Our Site may require you to give us the following categories of personal information:
- contact information i.e. information that could be used to contact you such as full name, postal address, phone number and email address as well as your computer's unique IP address;
- financial information i.e., passwords, credit and debit card numbers and bank and other financial institution account numbers; and
- demographic information e.g. PIN code, city, gender, purchase history information, posting and sales information, years of climbing experience, and age as well as IP addresses that are not unique to your computer.
- You can visit most pages on the Site without giving us any information about yourself. In such cases, our systems may collect information that is sent over the internet without your control such as your IP address and other such information. We may also use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response time, download errors, length of visits to certain pages etc.
- No sensitive personal information or data is collected about or from you without your consent. However, we may collect information or data voluntarily submitted by you including while making purchases at the Site, in contacting YANA through the Site, answering surveys and polls, entering contests and similar promotions and signing up for updates. Voluntary provision of information by you, including by the use of the Site, will be deemed as consent.
- Please note that nowhere on the Site do we collect contact information or financial information from children under the age of 18 years which we have actual knowledge of. If you are under the age of 18 years, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Purpose for which information is collected and retention of data
- Any personal information you provide will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to any third party mailing list without your consent.
- We use the requisite information, as may be required from time to time, to help us efficiently perform transactions, to deliver the goods / services you have requested and to respond to your inquiries. We may use your personal information to make the Site more relevant for your needs and create and publish content that may be useful to you. YANA uses customer details to send out newsletters; however, you can always unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive the newsletters.
- YANA may also use your information for internal business purposes, such as analysing and managing its businesses.
- Your information collected from the Site may be combined with other information collected by YANA via other online or offline sources, with demographic information and other information that is available in the public domain.
- We do not retain any personal information or data received by us longer than it is necessary for achieving the above purposes, unless otherwise required under any applicable Indian laws.
- Sharing of information
- The information that we collect about you is critical to our business. We respect and value this information, and do not want to jeopardise the flow of information between our customers and the Site. Therefore, we are not in the business of selling this information to other websites or businesses. There are very limited circumstances where we do share some customer information listed in paragraph (f) below.
- Our third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. In such cases, we often require these service providers to enter into agreements with us regarding the confidential handling of your information.
- We may disclose your personal information if:
- required to do so under the provisions of the applicable Indian laws; or
- required to be disclosed to any Government agency who is mandated under the applicable Indian laws to obtain such information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences; or
- such action is necessary to conform with the legal process; or
- to protect and defend the rights or property of YANA; or
- Other than as set out in (f) above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Information Security
- In order to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data, it is important for you to monitor those who have access to your password and to your computer.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information.
- User access to information
When you access your account, there is a variety of information that you will see. This is designed to allow you to update any changed information and view the information that you entered previously. It is necessary to both protect this information and keep it current in order to have the best experience at our site.
- User choices with regard to access of information
You have the right to refrain from providing any information. However, this may have an impact on use of the Site and on the ease of making purchases or taking advantage of certain unique features of the Site.
- External links
As per our discretion, we may offer third party links/sites on the Site. These third party links/sites have their own independent and separate privacy policies. Therefore, we are not liable for the contents or information and/or activities on the links/sites and how the links/sites use or disclose your personal information.
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Amendments to the policy
- Contact us